What are the different link types that CloudApp has?
You’re able to use different link types for every piece of content you create. This article will go over what those different link types are as well as how you can find them for your content.
What do the different link types do?
CloudApp has three different link types: share, direct and the embed code.
1. Share links: https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQubo6Z2
Use a share link when you would like to have an easily viewable page to access the file or image. These also auto-expand/unfurl in apps like Slack and HipChat to display a smaller version of the file in-line.
2. Direct links: https://p-ynFWW3.b2.n0.cdn.getcloudapp.com/items/xQubo6Z2/f912ab81-cf3a-4ba1-90d9-5586fefc9834.gif?source=client&v=1ea65215e7616bfac4435f31c64a1aac
Direct links are used to access a file directly and bypass the viewer page. You can use them to paste an image directly into an HTML code of your web page.
3. Embed Code: <iframe src="https://share.getcloudapp.com/xQubo6Z2?embed=true&branding=true&title=true" width="100%" height="100%" style="border:none" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
An embed code is code that is generated by a third-party website that a user can copy and paste into his or her own webpage. This embedded code shows the same media or feed on the user's web page as it does in the original source.
How to find the different link types:
Finding the different link types is slightly different depending on which client you are using. Mac and Windows users are able to find the share and direct links through their application. However, Windows users are currently only able to find the embed code through the viewer page.
- Open your app and click on the three dots next to the content you want to use
- From there, your are able to see the different options to ‘copy link’, ‘copy direct link’, or ‘copy the embed code’, as shown below
You can follow the same steps as outlined above for Mac users to find the ‘direct link’ or ‘share link’.
For the embed code:
- Open the item in the viewer page
- Click on the ‘share’ button and select the embed feature
- Copy the embed code provided
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.