How to Record a Webcam Video on CloudApp 7
Put a face to your name for customers by recording a webcam video!
Click on the app icon, choose Record or Gif, and navigate to Screen and Cam or Cam Only to record yourself.
To do this, you simply use the shortcut, CMD+Shift+6 (for Mac) or Alt+Shift+6 (for Windows). When you use this shortcut, your most recent preference selection will be employed, including the following traits:
- Recording type (i.e. whether the recording is a video or GIF capture)
- The size of recording frame (i.e. whether full-screen or a cropped portion of the screen)
- Audio and webcam inputs
- Quality of the video (Low, 720p, 1080p, 4K)
This feature is great for re-recordings and redos, time-sensitive captures, and quick feedback responses.
- If you’re looking to attempt a recording several times, it’s nice to have your settings “saved” for immediate reuse!
- If you need to record immediately, this instant capture shortcut will allow you to circumvent all intermediate steps and start your capture without a single click.
- If format is less important or relevant, you can skip format selection by simply using this instant record shortcut.
This shortcut is automatically included in all CloudApp updates. If you have tried this shortcut but it hasn’t worked for you, try checking under your Preferences to ensure that the shortcut has not been accidentally changed or edited.
Here is a quick video showing how fast that can be!
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.