We want to help you move fast and save time. Templates help you put your CloudApp screenshots, GIFs, and videos into a predefined design so it is packaged and ready to send. Quickly save that product demo, sales note, or customer support response style and re-use it in the future. The pain of recreating the same sharing format is now gone, helping you focus on your workflow & sharing, rather than the setup. You can also choose from templates we have created for you to use with your content, to get started! We’ll be adding more templates over time.
How can I get it?
Templates are available now within your web browser. Just log into share.getcloudapp.com/dashboard and check out the templates tab. Or, if you are currently viewing one of your uploaded items, on the right-hand side of the page you’ll see the ‘Templates’ button. This feature is currently available on all CloudApp accounts with a paid subscription. We can’t wait to hear your feedback at email@example.com!
How does it work?
- To get started, visit any of your links and click on "Apply template"
- This will open a list of pre-defined templates. Soon, you will be able to create your own from scratch!
- You can configure a template (change the pre-defined settings, title, description, CTA, etc) by clicking on the Settings gear icon, which will open the templates editor.
- A few options will be shown on the right, and on the left, you will see the preview update in real-time :
- Template name: the name of the template for easy finding. Only custom templates can be renamed at the moment (coming soon).
- Default Title: if you don't have screenshot auto-naming activated, the default names for content created with CloudApp are usually just something like "Screenshot 2021 05 03". This setting will ensure that content shared with a template can match your message. Ex: "Product announcement!" for your product announcements.
- Anyone can comment - disable the commenting feature for this link
- Add button, button text and URL. These refer to the CTA feature which can be added below your video/image. See here for more info: https://support.getcloudapp.com/article/291-how-do-i-add-a-call-to-action-button
- Custom security settings: want to quickly ensure that a template applies a specific security setting? This is for you! This helps you apply security restrictions like link expiration or company-only access with one click.
- Select collections: automatically add your content to pre-defined collection(s) when applying a template. Useful to keep things organized!
How can I remove a template?
Currently, each setting is being applied when clicking on "Apply template" is being added, which you can then modify individually. We do not yet have an option to clear all settings.