What's Covered in This Article
I already have a custom domain setup on ‘cl.ly’ and need to point it to the new CloudApp API. Great, we can help!
How to Transfer Your Domain
To keep your custom domain consistent across both platforms, you'll want to follow these simple steps:
- Head to your DNS settings within your DNS provider's website
- Make sure your CNAME points to ‘custom.getcloudapp.com’
- Go to your web dashboard here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/dashboard
- Go to your ‘settings’ and click on the ‘customize’ tab
- Generate SSL certificates using LetsEncrypt by typing in the name of your custom domain
- Hit ‘submit’ and your links have now been updated!
This is a free service that generates your certificates for you.
Please allow some time for your domain and SSL configuration to be available. This usually takes several minutes but can take up to 72 hours for your domain to fully propagate.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.