You spent several minutes recording the perfect video. You captured the perfect screenshot during a meeting. You tried uploading a PDF to CloudApp.
…and it didn't upload!
While this can be a frustrating experience, hope is not lost for your content. It may be stored in your "Failed Uploads Folder." You can check your "Failed Uploads Folder" like this:
For Mac Users:
For Mac users on 6.5 and below
- If you are able to locate the content in there, you can drag it back to your CloudApp icon to reload!
- On Mac, if no file is available in that folder, you can also go to Terminal.app and type "open $TMPDIR/com.linebreak.CloudAppMacOSX". If the failure is recent, chances are the files are still in there!
For Mac users on 7.3.7 (Lightning) and above
- Go to Finder and the "Go" menu located at the top
- Click on "Go to folder"
- Enter ~/Library/Application Support/CloudApp/recordings/pending/
- You may see a list of folders, which means the recordings are on your computer!
- Send the content of that folder to firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll help you make a usable video again
For Windows Users: you can find your failed uploads folder here - C:\Users\(Your username)\Documents\CloudApp\Failed Uploads
There are many causes for failed uploads. Internet speed is a common culprit.
If you need further assistance or have additional questions, we’d be happy to help! Please contact our support team at email@example.com.