Bring Jira Issues to life with CloudApp screen recordings
Project communication is tough even for the very best out there! Across various tools, contexts, industries and cultures, it’s often recognized as one of the toughest barriers to effective collaboration.
Now, you communicate better with CloudApp Screen Recorder for Jira. Create screen recordings right from a Jira Issue, without switching tabs or breaking your workflow. Your screen recordings are saved in your CloudApp account, automatically attached to your Jira Issue, and given the name of your Jira Issue number for easy reference.
Getting started with CloudApp for Jira
Once CloudApp Screen Recorder for Jira is installed in your Jira project/workspace, you should expect to see "CloudApp" at the top of an existing Jira Issue along with any other third-party Jira apps you may have installed. If CloudApp is not visible you may need to click the ellipsis button to display additional apps.
Authorize & Authenticate CloudApp for Jira
In order to get started, Jira needs permission to authorize and authenticate your CloudApp account.
- Click "CloudApp" to open the screen recorder area.
- Under "CloudApp" click "Allow access"
- Accept authorized access to your Atlassian account
- You will then be presented with a login button. Click "Login"
- Atlassian will ask you to sign in with your CloudApp account. Click "Configure access"
- Accept permission for Jira to access your CloudApp account. Click Continue
- Sign in to your existing or create a new CloudApp account
- You are now redirected back to Jira and successfully connected to your CloudApp account. You will see your CloudApp email in the top-right corner of the app. Clicking your email address redirects you to your CloudApp dashboard
Allow webcam and microphone permissions
CloudApp for Jira requires access to your camera and microphone. When you click the "Add recording" button you will be prompted to accept permissions for Atlassian to access your camera and microphone.
Create screen recordings in Jira
A Jira Issue can have one or more video attachments. To add (create) a new screen recording to a Jira Issue, click the "Add recording" button to open the CloudApp recording interface. By default, camera and microphone will be toggled to on. You should see the webcam preview in the bottom left.
Add a new screen recording to a Jira Issue
- Click "Record Screen" button to open the window chooser
- Click "Share" and a 3-second timer will start counting down. At the end of the countdown, the recording will begin
- At any time during the recording, mouseover the record icon (button left of area) and click the 'stop' icon to stop and finish the recording
- A window appears with options to preview, retake or save your recording. Click save recording
- Your screen recording is saved in your CloudApp account, attached to the Jira Issue and the name of the video is the name of the Jira Issue number/id
There are some video actions specific to CloudApp videos. Mouseover the video attachment to view additional actions:
- Open - opens the video in your CloudApp account
- Copy link - copies the CloudApp video share link to your computer clipboard
- Remove - remove (not delete) the video from the Jira Issue. The video remains in your CloudApp account.
Embedding CloudApp video attachments in Jira Issues
- CloudApp share links can be embedded in Jira Issues for a rich-preview experience.
- Create a screen recording with CloudApp for Jira
- Mouseover the video attachment and click "Copy link"
- Paste the CloudApp share link in the Jira Issue
- Click on the link and choose "embed"
- The video is now embedded in the Jira Issue
Deleting/Archiving CloudApp videos created in Jira
Users creating screen recordings via CloudApp for Jira are available in their associated CloudApp accounts. The content lives in the owner's CloudApp account. If the owner deletes/archives the video in CloudApp, the video attachment in the JIra Issue will may not be available after a certain time.
Disconnecting your CloudApp account from CloudApp for Jira
Some users may need to associate their Atlassian account with a different CloudApp account or be required to remove their CloudApp account from Jira.
Revoke CloudApp for Jira
- Visit your Atlassian Settings Page https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/apps
- Revoke and remove access from CloudApp for Jira
CloudApp for Jira FAQ's
1. I've upgraded to a paid CloudApp account but why am I still limited to 2 minutes of recording time in Jira?
Answer: CloudApp needs to be reloaded in your Jira workspace. Simply click "remove" and then reopen it.
2. When I "remove" the video from the Jira Issue is it deleted as well?
Answer: No, the video is not deleted. It remains located in your CloudApp account. Removing the video just removes it from the Jira Issue. Please visit your CloudApp account to delete/archive your video.
3. Is there an easy way to access my CloudApp content?